+91-7807167101 northeducation@gmail.com

Schengen Tourist Visa

Schengen Tourist Visa – Traveling to Europe for Tourism

A Tourist Schengen Visa permits third-country nationals to enter the Schengen Area for a maximum of 90 days within a 6-month period, under the purpose of travelling or visiting Europe for pleasure.

Who needs a Tourist Schengen Visa When Traveling to Europe for Tourism?

Non-European citizens willing to travel to Europe for tourism purposes might be required to apply for a short-term Schengen visa under the “tourist” specification.

You need to apply for a Schengen Tourist Visa if your nationality is on the list of countries whose nationals need a Schengen short-stay visa.

What Documents are Required When Applying for a Tourist Schengen Visa?

When applying for a Tourist Schengen Visa, you must submit the following documents:

  1. Visa application form. Fully completed with correct information, printed and signed at the end.
  2. Two recent photos. Taken within the last three months, in compliance with the Schengen visa photo criteria.
  3. Valid passport. No older than ten years and with a minimum validity of three months beyond your planned stay in Schengen.
  4. Roundtrip reservation or itinerary. A document that includes dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from the Schengen area.
  5. Travel Health Insurance. Evidence that you have purchased health insurance that covers medical emergencies with a minimum of €30,000, for your whole period of stay.
  6. Proof of accommodation. Evidence that shows where you will be staying throughout your time in Schengen.
    1. Hotel/hostel booking. With name, complete address, phone and e-mail, for the entire time you will be in the Schengen area.
    2. Rent agreement. If you have rented a place, in the country you will be staying.
  7. Proof of financial means. Evidence that shows you have enough money to support yourself throughout your stay in Schengen.
    1. Bank account statement.
    2. Sponsorship Letter. When another person will be financially sponsoring your trip to the Schengen Zone.
    3. A combination of both.
  8. Evidence of employment status.
    1. If employed:
      1. Employment contract,
      2. Leave permission from the employer
      3. Income Tax Return
    2. If self-employed:
      1. A copy of your business license,
      2. Company’s bank statement of the latest 6 months
      3. Income Tax Return (ITR)
    3. If a student:
      1. Proof of enrollment &
      2. No Objection Letter from University
  9. Travel Itinerary. A description of your trip to Europe, your purpose of travelling, which places are you going to visit in Europe, the time frame and all the personal data.
  10. For Minors:
    1. Either birth certificate/proof of adoption/custody decree if parents are divorced / death certificate of parent
    2. Letter of consent from parents, including passport copies of both parents/ legal guardian