New Zealand Student Visa allows the overseas immigrants to study for full time or for a specified period of time till the course of study gets over. The immigrant can get the internationally recognized education in New Zealand. The aspirants who want to study in New Zealand need to choose the right study visa category. The Student Visa program grants you admission to highly developed and standardized universities of New Zealand offering a myriad of academic courses to different foreign nationals. Check out the complete New Zealand Student visa process.
Learn more : Process to apply for New Zealand Permanent Residency Visa
Find the New Zealand Student Visa Checklist here-
Check the New Zealand Student Visa Requirements-
- You must hold an offer from a New Zealand university or college approved by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA).
- You should present the proofs of funds to support the tuition fees while you are studying.
- You must also have financial resources to take the responsibility of paying Living expenses.
- You must have a return ticket or funds for the same.
- You need to have a band score of 5.5 in IELTS examination.
- You must lay down health certificates that show your health status. You are required to pass a chest X-Ray and need to provide other medical examinations.
- You should possess a good moral character to immigrate to New Zealand
- You may require a police certification from your country if you are staying in New Zealand for 2 years and over 17 years of age.
- If you are under Fee Paying Student Visa, you will need a health and travel insurance.
- If the student is below 9, he/she is required to have a parent or a legal guardian who will support the expenses of the child.
The documents you need to provide while applying for the New Zealand Student Visa-
- A valid passport of the country you are immigrating from.
- Passport sized color photograph with shoulders and head visible.
- Other documents which comprise police certifications, character certifications, and translated documents which are not in English.
Types of New Zealand Student Visa
New Zealand has variety of Student Visa categories through which one can immigrate to New Zealand for studies. This include-
- Fee Paying Student Visa
The Fee Paying Student Visa allows the international students to study in the full-time course in any recognized institution of New Zealand by paying an established amount of fee or cost determined by the university you have enrolled in. You have to pay $270 for application and $16 as passport fee. This student visa is valid for 4 years.
- Pathway Student Visa
This visa allows the immigrants to study three consecutive courses in New Zealand University and can relish the high-quality education and exposure while studying in New Zealand. The Pathway Student visa furthermore permits the student to work for 20 per week and full time during holidays.
This visa is valid for 5 years. You must have an offer of a place by an authorized pathway education provider.
- Exchange Student Visa
With this visa you can study for 4 years of time duration in school to school exchange, tertiary exchange or exchange organization programme scheme. You have to apply for this visa outside of New Zealand and possess an acceptance in student exchange program scheme.
- Foreign Government supported Student visa
This kind student visa is valid for those who have foreign government loan or scholarship and is interested in carrying out studies in full-time course of New Zealand. You must have an offer of a place by an identified education provider and funds to compensate the tuition fees. You can stay for 4 years maximum in New Zealand.
- Vocational Trainee Student Visa
This visa is designed for those students who intend to attend program of nautical study in Manukau Polytechnic in order to serve in a shipping company. This visa is for the trainees who are granted New Zealand Aid Programme Short-Term Training Award (STTA). Under this visa, you can work for 20 hours per week and can bring your child to this student visa application.
- Trafficking Victim Student Visa
The visa provides the aid and benefit to the victims of trafficking who have been subjugated by the community. The victims can study in any primary or secondary school in New Zealand. They have to support their status of victim by submitting certifications attested by the New Zealand police. The education of the victim is publicly funded.
- Dependent Child Student Visa
If you are a child of New Zealand Resident or citizen or Student visa holder then you are eligible to apply for dependent child visa. You must be less than 19 years of age, single and dependent upon your parent for all your expenses. The child can study for 3 months in New Zealand school if they qualify all the obligation of this visa.
New Zealand Student Visa Processing Time
The processing time is determined by the New Zealand immigration authority or government for overseas aspirants for Student visa. Given below is the processing time of different Student visa-